A spot of Sunday morning experimental baking with a two year old helper. Recipe for disaster? Perhaps.
I found a nice looked gdfree recipe on the food network website and then totally destroyed it in an attempt to make it more coconutty. I think I was perhaps a bit coconutty to do that but I have to say now I am enjoying a kitchen smelling of coconuts, and that alright by me. Have to see how they taste of course.
Thanks to my recent goodie-laden shopping spree to Sainsbury’s, which is my best gdfree supermarket locally hands down, I found coconut sugar (who knew), a different brand of coconut flour and more coconut oil. So let the experiment begin.
Blueberry & Coconut Muffins
You will need this:
100g plain gf flour
100g coconut flour
75g coconut sugar
2 tsp baking powder/bicarb soda
1 tsp xantham gum/cinnamon
300ml coconut milk
4 tbsp melted coconut oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp coconut flakes
a cup of blueberries
You make it like this:
- Sieve the flours, baking powder, bicarb, xantham gum & cinnamon together
- Stir through the sugar
- In a separate bowl mix the eggs, milk, melted coconut oil and vanilla extract together
- Combine wet with dry, mixture should be slightly lumpy
- Gently stir through blueberries & coconut flakes
- Fill up your muffin cases with a large tablespoon of mixture in each
- Bake at 160c for 20mins